HR What, an Inspired Visions brand, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and others. This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This is what keeps my blog in motion!
Where do I start? Let’s be honest, holidays are the 2nd best reason to legitimately be off of work right? The first is VACATION! However you feel, you either love or hate the holidays. Let’s look at the reasons for both:
- Off from work
- Spending time with family – sometimes it’s the only time of the year you actually see them
- Relaxation – if you are not the one who is responsible for having the get-together
- Giving….gifts, love, etc.
- Holiday gatherings…because they are fun
- Decorations – some love to dress up their trees with ornaments, house with lights, etc.
- SNOW! So pretty if you have snow for the holiday season
- If you have to work
- Spending time with family – some people just can’t stand being around them
- No relaxation – because you are the one with all of the guests
- Buying gifts for others – sometimes this is a stressful task and time consuming as well
- All of the holiday parties…too many for some
- Missing a loved one who has moved on
- SNOW! Some really dislike the cold weather
I used to love the holiday season but as I get older, it just doesn’t feel the same anymore and haven’t quite figured out why? I used to decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. The past couple of years, I haven’t done so – just haven’t ‘felt’ like it. What I have done, although getting it done later and later into December, is bake cookies!
So – how do you view the holidays? Are they a happy time or a hellish time?
Let me know by commenting below!!!!